Melbourne Local Movers: Cheap Melbourne Movers
- Move is as an opportunity to get rid of belongings you no longer need. You can ”donate” and “sell” piles in each room for things you could do without.
- Realise that paper is very heavy. Do yourself a favour and get rid of any outdated documents prior to moving.
- Make sure you have a generous supply of packaging tape, scissors, markers and labels.
Packing and labeling
- Use Cardboard boxes, bubble wrap, blankets and covers to pack the items.
- Label the boxes with major cateories of items packed inside.
- Name the boxes either by person’s name or Room number.
- Always stock 10+ extra boxes incase if you need more, which you always do..
- Allow the movers to inspect all the rooms, living areas and storage areas to plan the move out.
- Ensure the furnirture is propery disassembled and labelled. Start with bedroom furnitures.
- Matress and couches can be wrapped in plastic covers easily available in super market.
- Ensure all the smaller items, kid’s toys are properly boxed, otherwise it will occupy alot of randon space in the truck.
- Furniture must be wrapped with blankets inside the truck during the move.
- Frdige, washing machine, dryer are the items to be taken at the end.
- Ensure electricty, gas and telephone services have been connected.
- Inform any special conditions or instructions for drop off before hand. For example parking conditions, move is time restricted.
- Move all the belongings to thier allocated areas for upacking.
- Assemble the bedroom furniture and then take care of smaller items.
- Go with the check list and ensure all the items are in good condition and nothing is missing.
© Melbourne Local Movers 2016 - All rights reserved.